The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission EFCC have arrested one politician by name Murtala Mohammed with N60 million naira cash. The arrest was made on Tuesday following intelligent report of suspected money laundering activities surrounding the suspect.
According to statements by the acting head, EFCC Media and publicity, Tony Olade disclosed in a statement that murtala mohammed is alleged to a brother to Secretary to State Government zamfara state, Prof Abdullahi Shinkafi l and was arrested by at 145, Igala Housing Estate off bypass road Gusua Zamfara State.
Hot pick for you:
- 12 years old genius break record, becomes youngest to get admission into oxford university.
- Trending: Adams Oshiomole “APC Chair” Worked out of Inauguration
- Politician: SSG Found with N60 millions cash.
- Buhari to retain Cabinet Ministers.
- Breaking: Iran refuses Trump’s offer of talks unless US shows ‘respect’
The statement read, “Items recovered from him at the point of arrest include one black Toyota Prado with registration number DKA 67 PX – Kaduna, loaded with four bags of ‘Ghana-must-go’ (bags) containing N1,000 notes of N15m each, totalling N60m.
“Other items are one single-barrel gun, one revolver, 25 rounds of cartridges and 12 rounds of 12.9mm live ammunition. He will be charged to court as soon as investigation is completed.
#More details later. Stay tuned.